The NRNA has existed for over a decade and now is formally registered with the Government of Nepal (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) and National Coordination Councils (NCC) in over 80 countries. As it moves forward to increased institutionalization and sustainability NRNA recognizes the challenges and complexities it faces on managing NCC’s, its members, their personal information/documents, office bearers activities, events, knowledge base information, and other many kind of information in coming sections.
As a legal entity registered globally in over 80 countries, NRNA needs to have information management system (SMART NRNA) which is consistent across all the organizational structures & geography to safeguard personal information provided by various stakeholders, to comply within national privacy and information management policies, to standardize and implement consistency among all the National Coordination Councils (NCCs).
This situation highlights the need to develop a greater focus and detailed strategies on information management systems and processes so that the NRNA is sustainable, result oriented, transparent, consistent, credible, responsible and relevant.
NRNA constitution has three levels of organizational hierarchy namely: International Coordination Council (ICC), Regional Coordinator (RC) and National Coordination Councils (NCC). Therefore, for the efficient, optimized and seamless collaboration of these teams, there must be central information management system which would allow the authorized stakeholders to manage information as per their assigned roles from the central repository which would ultimately enhance organizational operations.
Therefore, the organization realized the requirement to setup a SMART NRNA which would build a system / policy, procure required services to design, develop and deploy a centralized information management system for NRNA.
What SMART NRNA will do?
- Redesign Current Web portal.
- Emphasize and share all departments, their chairs, roles and activities through web portal.
- Build/Enhance Global Membership portal, including family membership.
- Build Mobile Application that includes to download NRNA Global ID cards and save in mobile wallets.
- Build Global Membership benefit portals to promote our partners who sponsors our Membership benefits packages. Etc. Hotels, Restaurants, Airlines, Hospitals.
- Secure existing important documents in web/clouds and manage access privileges to authorized IES Members and Secretariat Personals.
- Enhance existing Knowledge Conference portal and integrate.
- Other miscellaneous IT related tasks.
Scope of the Management Information System Committee
The aim of this Committee is to identify, explore and develop information management systems and solutions to be used by ICC and NCCs in order to maximize the opportunities to achieve NRNA’s goals and objectives to carry NRNA President’s Smart NRN vision. The following but not limited are the main objectives of this Committee:
- To explore, analyse and design information management strategy for the global use.
- To help NRNA on maintaining good governance through organizational integrity, consistency, transparency, credibility and sustainability by leveraging MIS System.
- To help NRNA to generate revenue, cut cost and share information by utilizing its platform and global network to provide opportunities for sponsors to reach out to our global NRNA members.
- To provide consistent & easy to use platform to the global NRNA members to manage their personal information in secure system.
- To retain membership, provide membership benefit and create data inventory of skill business data with consistency in all NCCs.
- To minimize duplication of process between ICC and NCC bodies for member’s information management activities.
- To minimize the resources and costs required at NCC level for operation of different activities,
- To help NRNA secretariat to seamlessly collaborate with ICC and NCC bodies using this system.
NRNA ICC SMART NRNA COMMITTEE (2019-2021)
|1||Dr Keshab Paudel||US||Chair|
|2||Hom Pandey||Australia||Member Secretary|
|5||Bal Krishna Shrestha||Finland||Co-Chair|
|8||Mahesh Shrestha||Nepal||IT Co-ordinator|
|9||Rupak Lamichhane||Nepal||IT Co-ordinator|
|11||Gouri Raj Joshi||US||Advisor|